I was recently reading an article while on the train featured in the NY Metro called “Traits of Highly Successful People” where they took a look at the lives of successful individuals and highlighted some traits that have aided in their success. I go out to events quite often and while interacting with individuals and speaking to them about their many accomplishments and accolades I often find myself noticing certain characteristics and commonalities amongst them all that stand out.
While reading through the article I could relate to Jonathan’s outlook and found that I have had the same experience when speaking with individuals trying to figure out what is the secret to their success. I know one of the biggest issues I have is being hesitant to reach out to certain individuals for help and it has been expressed to me on many occasions that I should never have too much pride or be afraid to ask for assistance with achieving my goals and it was touched upon in this article as one of the biggest factors that aids in success.
Below are some attributes that drive the success of many of the influential individuals that inspire us daily and help push us to the next level.
- Have a Clear Vision – When trying to create an empire you must be certain of what your goal is, what you would like to accomplish and how you are going to accomplish it.
- Choose to Be Different – Think outside of the box, even if individuals think that your idea is outlandish and it is unpopular, having a unique idea will lead to great results in contrast to those who are trying to reinvent the wheel
- Work Hard and Focus on What You Can Control – Stick to your plan, make sure to have a cohesive schedule that you maintain, be diligent and stay determined.
- Be Proactive and Take Initiative – Don’t wait for things to happen or fall into your lap, nothing comes of that. No matter what you need to be actively pursuing your goals ensuring that you stick to your plan and meet your goals.
- Defy the Norm – Don’t accept the status quo, refer back to step 2 and channel that energy to be different
- Surround Yourself With Supportive and Positive People – I think this should be the #1 rule, you have heard of birds of a feather right, well it definitely applies here, success breeds success, if you surround yourself with go getter’s and optimistic individuals then you will be one as well.
- Sell Yourself – Have a strong belief in what you do, I mean if you don’t believe in yourself than no one else will, your business and what you do will lead to you being a brand within itself so you must be the forefront of your business at all times
- Last but not least – Enjoy the Journey! Love what you do and be passionate about it.