Today’s Millennial Generation of online media experts are continuously streaming in waves of fresh intellectuals and talent to document the cybernetic times ahead. Of the Early Adopters, one in particular will help merge the landscapes between modern advertisement and the age old advertising tool called word of mouth. Current SEM & Social Media Specialist at an online agency and budding entrepreneur, Africa Y. Hannibal will be that voice.
Africa was introduced to Search Engine Marketing back in 2006 when she was offered the opportunity to work in an entry level position at a Search Engine Marketing Agency. It was here where she fell in love with online media and flourished as a Production Coordinator at Didit Search Marketing and eventual Account Executive and built her expertise as a knowledgeable and experienced Search Engine Marketing Professional. She is an effective communicator, writer, problem solver and optimizer who helps clients’ grow and achieve positive results. Africa is known for crafting successful strategies to achieve business goals and proven to increase ROI in the Retail, Software, Telecommunication and Health verticals working with brands such as Rodale, Motorola, BareNecessities, Corel, Redcats, Register.com and many more. Her dedication and team working spirit has made her a valuable asset to all of the organizations she is a part of.
Africa is now one of the leading experts amongst her peers in Search Engine Marketing, with an enterprising blog that benefits emerging and aspiring entrepreneurs and has been said to exemplify the determination and common sense that it takes to succeed in search marketing and referred to as a dedicated and very knowledgeable search marketing professional by colleagues. She is currently establishing the First Self Serve Daily Deal & Loyalty Rewards Website/Application entitled TalkisCheep.com, creating a new standard for brands to manage how they interact with consumers. With great initiative and out of the box ideas, Africa continues to strive in the Search Engine Marketing Industry as well as in her personal endeavors.
Your Online Presence I Make it Better
Strategic Planning: Defines the best strategy for your business to meet it’s goals
Personal Branding: Take your brand to new heights by raising awareness and visibility appealing to new audiences while maintaining your current clientele.
Search Engine Marketing: An integrated approach to marketing your business by building custom Search Engine Marketing campaigns that fit into the Global marketing strategy of your brand.
Social Media: Employ strategic social marketing plans that increase social presence and growth on key social networks.
Competitive Analysis: Assess the strengths and weaknesses of current and potential competitors by doing extensive research and examination of your competitors and industry trends to ensure that each client has a competitive edge.
Morpheus Media 03/12 – present
- Creates and executes advanced level SEM strategies for Luxury e-commerce accounts – Montblanc, TSE Cashmere, Baccarat and James Perse
- Generation, implementation, and management of groundbreaking digital campaigns via ppc campaigns and GDN
○ Includes: Long and short term strategy; milestones, SEM goals, deliverables etc.; adaptability to changes in landscape; comprehensive testing ideas that support core goals
○ Testing new opportunities such as click to download ads, sitelinks, Google shopping, Google display network and tablet and mobile marketing
- Runs and manages weekly client meetings as well as presents and articulates executive client level presentations
- Manages budgets, project work flow and deliverables and delegates to Strategist and Associate Strategist
- Coordinates and chairs client discovery meetings and leads the on-boarding process
Search Engine Marketing & Social Media Specialist 08/10 – 03/12
- Creates, implements, and executes online marketing plans for all aspects of the Search Engine Marketing strategy for Kitara Media including Google, Bing, YouTube and other 3rd party systems for clients in the Gaming Vertical as well as works with online marketing websites and social networks to maximize exposure
- Managed multiple gaming sites and actively books online advertising campaigns, manages all optimization, profit goals and growth of game downloads
- Responsible for project management and the implementation/completion of projects within a timely manner
- Relays information about new trends within the industry as well as new opportunities within the accounts to the team
Associate Media Manager 12/09 – 07/10
- Responsible for effectively managing all aspects of search campaigns for The Children’s Place, Motorola, Blue Cross Blue Shield in addition to other accounts including spend, IOs, tracking the budget creating and booking online campaigns as well as optimization
- Implemented and Oversaw daily online promotions
- Set expectations for media deliverables and ensure the timely delivery of all client requirements and effectively manage media inventory
- Provided Media Manager with key points/findings regarding campaign performance vs. targets and communicates details of optimization results and analysis from completed initiatives for all weekly calls.
- Served as a primary source of reporting
- Communicated campaign KPI’s and goals to client during weekly client meetings as well as assisted in handling request, questions and resolving client conflict
- Collaborated with team to develop media plans for advertising budgets, integration plans and pitches
Didit, LLC 10/06-12/09
Account Executive 09/09 – 12/09
- Responsible for effectively managing the search spend, IOs, and tracking the budget
- Managed Multi-Tier Campaigns for Redcats, Corel, BareNecessities, Register.com, Rodale, etc. with budgets upwards to $500k in spend a quarter and over 1 million keywords
- Lead weekly calls with back up from the Account Manager for Corel, communicated campaign initiatives, performance updates and
- Responsible for project management, campaign development and the completion of projects in a timely manner by managing the production and QA of task given to Associate Account Executive/Account Coordinator
- Lead the AAE in development of their optimization and account assessment skills
- Partnered with the client and Strategist to plan tactical execution of campaign management projects, testing initiatives and account stability based on client business goals
- Provided Account Director and Account Manager with key points/findings regarding campaign performance vs. targets and communicates details of optimization results and analysis from completed initiatives for all weekly calls
- Managed weekly reporting deliverables and served as a reporting liaison between Account Team and Outsourced Reporting Team
Associate Account Executive 01/08 – 09/09
- Managed over 6 accounts and performed daily campaign optimization, monitoring and stabilization initiatives
- Reviewed daily campaign trends and opportunities and communicate them to Strategists and Account Executives
- Made decisions on any adjustments made to engine campaign structures and keyword/creative/landing page groupings
- Reported daily initiatives/tasks that are performed on client accounts
- Communicated status of tactical and strategic initiatives, performance updates and new opportunities to clients
- Setup client tracking and core metrics using an in house analytics tool
- Responsible for project management and the completion of projects in a timely manner via Production and QA of Account Coordinator
- Project assignment and management of all production tasks handled by Account Coordinators
- Review and verify projects for correctness and communicate any errors or issues to Account Executives
- Attend weekly client meetings and assist in handling request, questions and resolving client conflict
- Responsible for creating and reviewing marketing data and quantitative reports, customize reports and QA of weekly reports
Account Coordinator 10/06 – 01/08
- Point person for implementation tasks and building of campaign structure across the team for Redken, Chanel and Rodale
- Report daily initiatives/tasks that are performed on the accounts as well as any issues observed
- Deliver key findings from campaign initiatives to AM for inclusion in client communications
- Development of client reporting as needed
For All Inquires:
Feedback: We would love to hear about how you came across AfricaHannibal.com. If you have a spare minute drop me a line.
If this is an urgent matter feel free to contact me via phone: (347) 560-8174